Game Land
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Game Land

Come join! Talk about and play games! Make friends, we have an ssbb, mkwii, pokemon, and cod4 clan.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  PM (TEMP)PM (TEMP)  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Similar topics
Who is online?
In total there are 5 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 5 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 40 on Fri Sep 17, 2010 10:15 pm
Latest topics
» Beginners Forum: Introduce Yourself!
Beginners Forum: Introduce Yourself! EmptySun Apr 14, 2013 12:50 am by pureownage

»  How do I get away from a hand?
Beginners Forum: Introduce Yourself! EmptyThu Jul 12, 2012 3:12 pm by pureownage

» What is the best way to stake someone?
Beginners Forum: Introduce Yourself! EmptyThu Feb 09, 2012 5:05 am by Benjamin02

» Beginners Forum: Introduce Yourself!
Beginners Forum: Introduce Yourself! EmptyThu Feb 09, 2012 5:04 am by Benjamin02

» Clan War?
Beginners Forum: Introduce Yourself! EmptyWed Jan 11, 2012 9:34 pm by Rayman 1110

»  Billy Mays
Beginners Forum: Introduce Yourself! EmptyMon Jan 09, 2012 2:01 am by sherlok11

» Activity
Beginners Forum: Introduce Yourself! EmptyWed Sep 07, 2011 10:43 pm by EmperorZen

» yo
Beginners Forum: Introduce Yourself! EmptySun Jul 24, 2011 11:41 pm by Rai

» Hey
Beginners Forum: Introduce Yourself! EmptySat Jul 23, 2011 8:48 am by Champ Slice

Beginners Forum: Introduce Yourself!

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Benjamin02
n00b
n00b

Beginners Forum: Introduce Yourself! Empty
PostSubject: Beginners Forum: Introduce Yourself!   Beginners Forum: Introduce Yourself! EmptyThu Feb 09, 2012 5:04 am

It seems like tons of other forums have an introduce yourself thread.. and we seem to get a few threads per week where newbies introduce themselves.. so let's all do it here

I've been playing poker since I was little, when my uncle would play 5card draw, baseball, and whatever crazy game he could think of. Cards were always the one thing my family always did together.. so I've always had a love of cards. I started playing hold em in October of 2003 when a few friends showed up and said hey get some change together and lets play this card game we learned. I thought it was ok, but not my cup of tea. I played it again, for pretzels this time.. a month later at another friends house.. and this time I was hooked. From then on, my friends and I had a weekly $10 sng... awful structure.. something like 5/10 blinds (that we almost never remembered to raise).. 50,000 starting stack. Games would go like 10 hours... with usually myself and another friend chopping.

In December, I broke my foot playing basketball and was in a cast for 7 months... and that's when poker took over. Play money at first..but then I came across all of the free $50 sites for party poker, and their skins..and I signed up so many times with those, and busted every one. I did them all... 4 free sng's at true poker.. free $10 at VC poker.. free $10 at royal vegas poker and all of it's skins.. I did them all, I did them several times..and I busted every time.

I played play money some more.. until a friend sent me $25 on stars and taught me how to play the micro games... and from then on, my poker life consisted of grinding out a few hundred, cashing it out..starting over. I've always played a mix of sngs cash and mtts.. so I'm competent at all 3, but have huge leaks in all 3 as well... but I find it fun playing different games at different times. Overall, I'm happy with what I've done so far with poker.. having only deposited small amounts twice to take advantage of some crappy bonuses... and now I'm actually giving myself a chance to see what I can do if I give myself a chance in games that aren't super micros.

tl;dr....... gtfo
Back to top Go down
Champ Slice
The Boss
The Boss
Champ Slice

PostSubject: Re: Beginners Forum: Introduce Yourself!   Beginners Forum: Introduce Yourself! EmptySun Feb 17, 2013 4:40 pm

no u
Back to top Go down
https://gameland.forumotion.net
pureownage
Bronze Member
Bronze Member
pureownage

PostSubject: Re: Beginners Forum: Introduce Yourself!   Beginners Forum: Introduce Yourself! EmptySun Apr 14, 2013 12:50 am

My counter argument: Comeatmebro, and fightmeIRL
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Beginners Forum: Introduce Yourself!   Beginners Forum: Introduce Yourself! Empty

Back to top Go down

Beginners Forum: Introduce Yourself!
Page 1 of 1