Game Land
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Game Land

Come join! Talk about and play games! Make friends, we have an ssbb, mkwii, pokemon, and cod4 clan.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  PM (TEMP)PM (TEMP)  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Similar topics
Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 40 on Fri Sep 17, 2010 10:15 pm
Latest topics
» Beginners Forum: Introduce Yourself!
Signature Contest Suggestions. EmptySun Apr 14, 2013 12:50 am by pureownage

»  How do I get away from a hand?
Signature Contest Suggestions. EmptyThu Jul 12, 2012 3:12 pm by pureownage

» What is the best way to stake someone?
Signature Contest Suggestions. EmptyThu Feb 09, 2012 5:05 am by Benjamin02

» Beginners Forum: Introduce Yourself!
Signature Contest Suggestions. EmptyThu Feb 09, 2012 5:04 am by Benjamin02

» Clan War?
Signature Contest Suggestions. EmptyWed Jan 11, 2012 9:34 pm by Rayman 1110

»  Billy Mays
Signature Contest Suggestions. EmptyMon Jan 09, 2012 2:01 am by sherlok11

» Activity
Signature Contest Suggestions. EmptyWed Sep 07, 2011 10:43 pm by EmperorZen

» yo
Signature Contest Suggestions. EmptySun Jul 24, 2011 11:41 pm by Rai

» Hey
Signature Contest Suggestions. EmptySat Jul 23, 2011 8:48 am by Champ Slice

Signature Contest Suggestions.

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Jaguaris
Art Meister
Art Meister
Jaguaris

Signature Contest Suggestions. Empty
PostSubject: Signature Contest Suggestions.   Signature Contest Suggestions. EmptyThu Jul 09, 2009 3:51 am

I was thinking making the contests every fortnight instead of every month. A month sorta seems like a long time, especially for a forum our size.

Also I was thinking of "themes" for each one. Like specific game series, characters, etc.

aye?
Back to top Go down
Sasuke Uchiha
Silver Member
Silver Member
Sasuke Uchiha

PostSubject: Re: Signature Contest Suggestions.   Signature Contest Suggestions. EmptyThu Jul 09, 2009 3:58 am

i agree good thinking jaguaris cause i wanna enter the next contest
Signature Contest Suggestions. 2hzlf2h
Back to top Go down
http://chaoscontrol.forumotion.net/forum.htm
Champ Slice
The Boss
The Boss
Champ Slice

PostSubject: Re: Signature Contest Suggestions.   Signature Contest Suggestions. EmptyThu Jul 09, 2009 9:52 am

Ok, we can do something like that.
Back to top Go down
https://gameland.forumotion.net
Sasuke Uchiha
Silver Member
Silver Member
Sasuke Uchiha

PostSubject: Re: Signature Contest Suggestions.   Signature Contest Suggestions. EmptyThu Jul 09, 2009 10:38 am

good cant wait looking forward to hearing bout it
Signature Contest Suggestions. 3008haw
Back to top Go down
zombie
Loyal Member
Loyal Member
zombie

PostSubject: Re: Signature Contest Suggestions.   Signature Contest Suggestions. EmptyThu Jul 09, 2009 10:44 am

How about a who can make the worst banner contest? XD

But in all seriousness if you do themed banner contests the theme should be of big games that are coming out during the time frame of the contest and if no game comes out in that time then we can make up the theme. Maybe have a different person decide the theme every week to get some variety and also give the regular members a little say in it. Also, most forums do a Sig of the Week contest because it really doesn't take 2 weeks to make a sig.

While i'm coming up with suggestions of my own, why not have the winners of each the sig of the week be the contestants in the sig of the month contest. If someone wins multiple sig of the weeks in a month then you can put second place in also or other people can add their banners as well to avoid 1 person being the only one in the sig of the month. Sorry if that's a little confusing >< If only the sig of the week winners are in the sig of the month it would avoid the final votes being spread out over too many banners.

Votes could also be done anonymously to avoid the contest just being a big popularity contest. If no one knows who made what banner other than the host of the contest then everyone will definitely pick the banner they like best and not just based on the name of the artist. Some people vote this way some vote for the actual best but it happens.

Just my suggestions though and shadow >< please learn how to use a sig.
Back to top Go down
Jaguaris
Art Meister
Art Meister
Jaguaris

PostSubject: Re: Signature Contest Suggestions.   Signature Contest Suggestions. EmptyThu Jul 09, 2009 4:01 pm

Nice....
Back to top Go down
Suzumiya
Banned
Banned
Suzumiya

PostSubject: Re: Signature Contest Suggestions.   Signature Contest Suggestions. EmptyFri Jul 10, 2009 2:30 am

zombie wrote:
How about a who can make the worst banner contest? XD

But in all seriousness if you do themed banner contests the theme should be of big games that are coming out during the time frame of the contest and if no game comes out in that time then we can make up the theme. Maybe have a different person decide the theme every week to get some variety and also give the regular members a little say in it. Also, most forums do a Sig of the Week contest because it really doesn't take 2 weeks to make a sig.

While i'm coming up with suggestions of my own, why not have the winners of each the sig of the week be the contestants in the sig of the month contest. If someone wins multiple sig of the weeks in a month then you can put second place in also or other people can add their banners as well to avoid 1 person being the only one in the sig of the month. Sorry if that's a little confusing >< If only the sig of the week winners are in the sig of the month it would avoid the final votes being spread out over too many banners.

Votes could also be done anonymously to avoid the contest just being a big popularity contest. If no one knows who made what banner other than the host of the contest then everyone will definitely pick the banner they like best and not just based on the name of the artist. Some people vote this way some vote for the actual best but it happens.

Just my suggestions though and shadow >< please learn how to use a sig.
Basically that's the standard for every other site that does them, save it being anonomous which nobody ever listens that thedy have to be hosted together on the same account to hide the url showing the users.
Back to top Go down
Sasuke Uchiha
Silver Member
Silver Member
Sasuke Uchiha

PostSubject: Re: Signature Contest Suggestions.   Signature Contest Suggestions. EmptyFri Jul 10, 2009 4:51 am

i just want a regular contest now!
Back to top Go down
zombie
Loyal Member
Loyal Member
zombie

PostSubject: Re: Signature Contest Suggestions.   Signature Contest Suggestions. EmptyFri Jul 10, 2009 3:08 pm

Its not the start of the week yet shadow, just be patient. Also seeming this is a suggestion thread to stay on topic at Suzu: yeah I forgot to add that part. Don't want anyone checking the banner's properties to see who it is and then voting for it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Signature Contest Suggestions.   Signature Contest Suggestions. Empty

Back to top Go down

Signature Contest Suggestions.
Page 1 of 1