Game Land
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Game Land

Come join! Talk about and play games! Make friends, we have an ssbb, mkwii, pokemon, and cod4 clan.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  PM (TEMP)PM (TEMP)  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 3 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 3 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 40 on Fri Sep 17, 2010 10:15 pm
Latest topics
» Beginners Forum: Introduce Yourself!
My luck or him hacking? EmptySun Apr 14, 2013 12:50 am by pureownage

»  How do I get away from a hand?
My luck or him hacking? EmptyThu Jul 12, 2012 3:12 pm by pureownage

» What is the best way to stake someone?
My luck or him hacking? EmptyThu Feb 09, 2012 5:05 am by Benjamin02

» Beginners Forum: Introduce Yourself!
My luck or him hacking? EmptyThu Feb 09, 2012 5:04 am by Benjamin02

» Clan War?
My luck or him hacking? EmptyWed Jan 11, 2012 9:34 pm by Rayman 1110

»  Billy Mays
My luck or him hacking? EmptyMon Jan 09, 2012 2:01 am by sherlok11

» Activity
My luck or him hacking? EmptyWed Sep 07, 2011 10:43 pm by EmperorZen

» yo
My luck or him hacking? EmptySun Jul 24, 2011 11:41 pm by Rai

» Hey
My luck or him hacking? EmptySat Jul 23, 2011 8:48 am by Champ Slice

My luck or him hacking?

Go down 
+3
Jaguaris
Champ Slice
Suzumiya
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Suzumiya
Banned
Banned
Suzumiya

My luck or him hacking? Empty
PostSubject: My luck or him hacking?   My luck or him hacking? EmptyFri Jul 03, 2009 9:27 pm

Played a match today, new team which wasn't really meant to be put together I just haven't got my other pokemon off Diamond yet.

I'll save you the details of the match, but it lasted 17 turns 18 if you count the self-ko confusion.
Anyway all attacks on his side were critical hits. There is a 6.25% chance to crit barring no modifiers.
.0625^17 (number of his atks) gives him a 3.388e-21% chance of it happening legitly. Thoughts? Hacked or am I just that unlucky?

Written out it's 1/295,200,000,000,000,000,000
Back to top Go down
Champ Slice
The Boss
The Boss
Champ Slice

PostSubject: Re: My luck or him hacking?   My luck or him hacking? EmptyFri Jul 03, 2009 11:41 pm

Without a doubt, you are very unlucky because you were hacked.
Back to top Go down
https://gameland.forumotion.net
Jaguaris
Art Meister
Art Meister
Jaguaris

PostSubject: Re: My luck or him hacking?   My luck or him hacking? EmptySat Jul 04, 2009 4:25 am

H4x most definitely.

Unless god hates you and you treat your karma like crap there's no way that could have happened.
Back to top Go down
Ender
GFX Admin
GFX Admin
Ender

PostSubject: Re: My luck or him hacking?   My luck or him hacking? EmptySat Jul 04, 2009 7:32 am

Hax fo sho

That would only be possible with a pokemon with sniper, holding scope lens, using a move like slash or another commonly critical move...
Back to top Go down
Zero Flare
Major
Major
Zero Flare

PostSubject: Re: My luck or him hacking?   My luck or him hacking? EmptySat Jul 04, 2009 11:22 am

I hate hackers, really. Playing Metroid Prime Hunters online with a hacker has to be the most painful game ever. I can imagine Pokemon must be pretty bad too, haha.

Sorry to hear about that, Suzu. :/
Back to top Go down
Suzumiya
Banned
Banned
Suzumiya

PostSubject: Re: My luck or him hacking?   My luck or him hacking? EmptySat Jul 04, 2009 11:33 am

@Ender
Sniper doesn't increas crit chance, it increases crit dmg. 3times dmg instead of 2.

Still Superluck+Item+Attack still is unlikely at 33% crit chance, Focus energy brings it up to 50% which a 50/50 is still unlikely for that many turns.

@Zero any game where a hack allows no dmg to a player during multiplayer is tied for the worst with all the other games that do it. Pokemon can make all stats 999 which kills anything legit in one shot garuanteeing the first attack aswell.
Back to top Go down
Ender
GFX Admin
GFX Admin
Ender

PostSubject: Re: My luck or him hacking?   My luck or him hacking? EmptySat Jul 04, 2009 2:40 pm

O rly? I thought sniper did do that...(checks) you're right! Well, how about this: instead of sniper, the effects of Dire Hit (is that in platinum? I don't really pay attention to that stuff, never use battle items sadly...) and the effect of Focus energy are in play.

I also hate the max stats hack. My friend uses it and it makes me...so...very...angry...
Back to top Go down
Suzumiya
Banned
Banned
Suzumiya

PostSubject: Re: My luck or him hacking?   My luck or him hacking? EmptySat Jul 04, 2009 5:28 pm

Ender wrote:
O rly? I thought sniper did do that...(checks) you're right! Well, how about this: instead of sniper, the effects of Dire Hit (is that in platinum? I don't really pay attention to that stuff, never use battle items sadly...) and the effect of Focus energy are in play.

I also hate the max stats hack. My friend uses it and it makes me...so...very...angry...
Items are unusable over Wi-fi and the max chance is 50% anyway (5 levels is max for crit).

Super Luck is the ability that ups crit chances as why it was included in my last post to make a 33% chance with no moves used to increase the crit chance (Focus Energy) since you can clearly see if Focus energy was used even if they hack that shouldn't be a part of the equation since it wasn't. Also note Focus Energy can only be used one for those more unfamiliar with the mechanics.

The pokemon with the highest crit chances are:
Farfetch'D
Chansy
Absol
Honchcrow
All of them can reach 33% without Focus Energy and they're the only ones who can max out the crit chance under normal means and ignoring the possibility of items being used on them (Held items are required).

Farfetch'D needs the Stick (+2 lvls)
Chansey needs the Lucky Punch (+2 lvls)
Absol and Honchcrow have thier ability (+1 lvl) and a generic crit increasing held item (+1 lvl)

Everybody else needs skill swap and the item to do the same thing otherwise thier max would be 25% without Focus Energy.

**The above is assuming a high crit move being used**
Back to top Go down
Ender
GFX Admin
GFX Admin
Ender

PostSubject: Re: My luck or him hacking?   My luck or him hacking? EmptySat Jul 04, 2009 5:55 pm

0.o that's actually quite helpful! You should visit psypokes.com's forums.
Back to top Go down
Suzumiya
Banned
Banned
Suzumiya

PostSubject: Re: My luck or him hacking?   My luck or him hacking? EmptySat Jul 04, 2009 6:22 pm

Ender wrote:
0.o that's actually quite helpful! You should visit psypokes.com's forums.
Umm why?
Back to top Go down
EnemySnack
Pokemon General
Pokemon General

PostSubject: Re: My luck or him hacking?   My luck or him hacking? EmptySun Jul 05, 2009 9:44 am

But Farfetch'd is like the suckiest Pokemon, lol
Back to top Go down
Zero Flare
Major
Major
Zero Flare

PostSubject: Re: My luck or him hacking?   My luck or him hacking? EmptySun Jul 05, 2009 12:35 pm

EnemySnack wrote:
If my friend saw your post he would kill you, haha. xD
Back to top Go down
Suzumiya
Banned
Banned
Suzumiya

PostSubject: Re: My luck or him hacking?   My luck or him hacking? EmptySun Jul 05, 2009 2:04 pm

EnemySnack wrote:
There are alot of worse options actually and if Farfetch'D gets lucky he's not completely awful for where he's at.
Back to top Go down
zombie
Loyal Member
Loyal Member
zombie

PostSubject: Re: My luck or him hacking?   My luck or him hacking? EmptySun Jul 05, 2009 3:31 pm

lol you have to have the worst luck when it comes to finding legit opponents for matches. Anyway I don't think any force on earth could cause that many crits XD
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My luck or him hacking?   My luck or him hacking? Empty

Back to top Go down

My luck or him hacking?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Game Land :: Great Hall :: Mess Hall :: Pokemon-
Jump to: